These pages have photographs and interpretation about the many points of interest inside our church. Much of the information in this part of the website as well as elsewhere has been taken from the Reverend W L Taylor's unbelievably dull but nevertheless invaluable History of Sadberge.
Taylor was Rector of Sadberge from 1887 to 1911 and during his incumbency all the stained glass was installed, the organ was enlarged and important repairs made to the drainage of the roof. At the end of the chapter in his book entitled The Present Church the Rev W L Taylor wrote "There has been expended in repairing and beautifying this church, from 1889 to 1911, over £1,200, (£94,000 today!) and there is no debt. Laus Deo!" There's an unmistakable whiff of pride in this sentence - but absolutely justified.
His contribution to the well-being of the church fabric as well as its history was absolutely indispensable and we, his heirs, would be the poorer without his efforts.